GPG decrypts but 11 bytes header of PGP doenst go and so it file

Guru_i gi185002 at ncr.com
Tue Jul 20 12:32:48 CEST 2010

Hi

Im running into strange issue here.

1) I have large set of volume (multiple binary and text files) which are
encrypted using PGP CL. and trying to decrypt in GnuPG CL

2) Each binary block file is set of TIFF images appended back to back. and
encrypted using PGP CL AES256 cipher.

3) When I decrypt those block files (53) I see file 13, 26, 39 and 51
doens't decrypt properly BUT I dont get any error during decryption. The
only way I can verify that decryption didnt work is because I can not see
the TIFF images in it and also has same 11 bytes present which are there in
encrypted block.

im using gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.8

Below is the command im trying to run
>gpg -vvv --output decryptblock_13 --passphrase
11::02::02-04::103::2010_cidmdp6" -d IMAGEARCHIVENEW_13
gpg: using character set `CP437'
:marker packet: PGP
:symkey enc packet: version 4, cipher 9, s2k 3, hash 2
        salt af0784e63d4be8e0, count 524288 (144)
gpg: AES256 encrypted data
:encrypted data packet:
        length: unknown
        mdc_method: 2
gpg: encrypted with 1 passphrase
:literal data packet:
        mode b (62), created 0, name="imagearchivenew_13",
        raw data: unknown length
gpg: original file name='imagearchivenew_13'
gpg: decryption okay