Can't open PGP file with Gnupg

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Mon Jul 26 17:10:47 CEST 2010

Robert J. Hansen wrote the following on 7/26/10 10:50 AM:
> On 7/26/10 10:41 AM, Cooperider, Brian wrote:
>> Thanks Charly for the quick response. We are a windows user. I'll need
>> to verify the exact version of pgp they are using. I won't be able to
>> see if that works until tomorrow but hopefully it does.
>
> I believe Charly is in error.  The line ending convention is specified
> in RFC4880, and both GnuPG and PGP conform to that.

I possibly am. My very empirical knowledge of crypto does not include RFC's.

I remember that in order to have GnuPG import e.g. key blocks generated
by prior to Windows and even Macintosh PGP 7.0 releases, I had to
convert those key blocks to Unix line-endings. Right now, using PGP
Desktop 10.0.2.13, I have no such problem.

Another erroneous guessing would be that the file that Brian has been
trying to import is not in ASCII format?

Charly