Encrypted Directory

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jun 4 16:00:49 CEST 2010

On Thu, 27 May 2010 00:08, m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com said:

> Also, AFAICT, truecrypt, luks, FreeOTFE do not have public key
> encryption, which I would prefer.

GnuPG 2.1 will come with g13 which is a public key encryption frontend
to user filesystems.  As of now we support Encfs but it is easy to add
other file systems.  Encfs has been ported to Windows, thus it will be
possible to do this there as well.  Smartcards are supported
automagically.  It is all work in progress and not yet ready for
production use.

Things we need to do:

 * Add other crypto file systems.
 * Add the code to manage the encryption, so that it is possible to
   change the keys or add more keys (even symmetric ones).
 * Port to Windows.
 * Improve the GPGME interface (we already have a mount/umount API,
   though).
 * Push some minor encfs changes to upstream.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner