verifying secret key while import

dave knottnhupfer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 11:05:42 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to import secret keys from a file and at the same time I
would like to verify if the user has the passphrases for the secret
keys.
Is there a way to check the key ID before importing the secret key?
Then I could first ask for the secret keys ID in the exported file,
next send to the user a request for the passphrase for each secret key
and finally import and verify all secret keys.

Unfortunately the --dry-run flag doesn't show the ID ...

thx in advance

/david

--
"Zwei Dinge sind unendlich: das Universum und die menschliche
Dummheit; aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher