AUTO: Richard Hamilton is out of the office (returning 06/24/2010)

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 18 14:27:04 CEST 2010

Jerry wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:04:41 -0600

> I was just stating to a colleague that it had been months since an
> errant "vacation" message had been posted on this forum. Well, thanks
> to Bob, that drought has been quenched. With the summer season now
> upon us and vacations becoming the norm, I rest assured that more such
> individuals will be advising us of their schedule.
>
> Then again, maybe, just maybe, this might be a good time for all of us
> to check that we have our mail programs, be them what they may,
> properly configured so as to not pollute forums with useless
> OOF/vacation garbage announcements.

If I understand correctly, this is done by setting the precedence of the
vacation e-mail to "bulk" instead of something else ("list"?), and that
mailing list programs do not send the stuff marked bulk.

Is that not how mailing list programs work?

 ^^-^^ 08:20:01 up 42 days, 16:15, 3 users, load average: 4.65, 4.81, 4.56