Multiple signatures

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Jun 18 15:06:10 CEST 2010

On Jun 17, 2010, at 11:33 PM, Boris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to add multiple signatures for a file (in a separate file) and check who signed with just one command (so not by signing a signed file...).

Sure.

   gpg -u signer_1 -u signer_2 -u signer_3 --detach-sign file-to-sign

You'll end up with a file-to-sign.sig that contains all three signatures.  When you verify file-to-sign.sig, all three signatures will be checked.

Alternately, you can do the same "multiple signer" trick with regular --sign if you want the data and signatures to be put together into a single file.

David