"No-Keyserver" (and other) flags on keys

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Sun Jun 27 21:58:43 CEST 2010

All,

How difficult would it be to propose some kind of extension flag to the
PGP key format that in essence says "don't publish me to a keyserver".
Note that I'm asking from a technical point of view, not a social (i.e.
making servers support it) or IETF one (insert bikesheds here).

My question is: Is it possible to do in such a way that keys would be
backward-compatible?

(I have no idea about the internal format of a PGP key, to me it's just
bricktext...at least right now).

-Dan

--

"If you aren't going to try something, then we might as well just be
friends."

"We can't have that now, can we?"

-SK & Dan Mahoney,  December 9, 1998