On the fly encryption of files possible?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Jun 30 02:41:26 CEST 2010

On 6/29/10 5:44 PM, Roscoe wrote:
> I wouldn't have thought a GnuPG FUSE FS would be very hard.

The surest way to discover whether something is easy is to try it.  If
it's easy, then it's easily done.  If it's not, then it's not.

I don't want to sound as if I'm putting myself up as some kind of expert
on this.  (Beware of all experts: an ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a
drip under pressure.)  My only direct experience with this has been
writing a Win32 kernel driver to do ROT13 disk access: it isn't like I'm
an authority on filesystem implementation.

All this being said, "I wouldn't have thought it would be that hard..."
is the sort of thing I found myself saying, oh, a few *hundred* times
while writing that toy little Win32 driver.  Just sayin'.  :)