How to sign a remote repository, i.e. forward agent

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Wed Jun 30 16:18:50 CEST 2010

Hi all,

this question has come up here in the past but I've never found *any* reply so
far.

My problem is relatively simple. We provide a (Debian) repository for our
colleagues as well as ourselves and would like to sign it (for the experts:
reprepro's export option). Of course one could either copy around the secret
keyring and start the agent remotely or type the passphrase many times, but
straight from the FAQ this is not a good idea(TM).

Now the notorious question: Does anyone know how to forward the agent's socket
to the remote machine? I've briefly tried socat (remote unix socket to tcp
port, ssh tunnel of this port and then socat again to link the forwarded port
to the existing socket) but so far to no avail.

Anyone with an idea how to accomplish this?

Thanks a lot in advance

Carsten

--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert - Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
Callinstrasse 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany