Offline Primary Key

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Mar 2 11:27:00 CET 2010

On Mon,  1 Mar 2010 22:13, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:

> someone elses key.  The current design effectively forces people to
> manually move the valuable primary key out of the way before
> clobbering it with the subkey-only copy of the key.

Another important point is that if you want to use an offline key you
should create that key offline and export the subkeys to the online box.
Doing this on the same box is a bit questionable.  To me an offline key
is one created on box which has never been and will never be connected
to the net.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner