How to give the keyword from command line. David Shaw

Bruce vanNorman brucevannorman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 04:43:58 CET 2010

While I understand the response. It fails to consider the persistence of
the exposed password. If it is volatile within the script issuing the
commands, then the pass-phrase has considerable value as a security measure.
---
My problem (which relates to this) I have an ODB (OpenOffice.Org)
database file which I would like encrypted. The process would be to get
the pass-phrase from the user, decrypt the file, run soffice -base, and
then re-encrypt the results with the same password.