key question

Mark H. Wood mwood at IUPUI.Edu
Wed Mar 3 17:16:21 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 03:53:27PM +0000, MFPA wrote:
> There are privacy issues, especially if user-ids on the key contain
> email addresses. In some cases, the authorities knowing an individual
> used encryption could be a problem.

There are issues of tradecraft, then.  Using OpenPGP as a tool for
committing crimes is kind of stupid.  There are more secure methods
for a closed community to secure its lines of communication.  If one
chooses the wrong tool for a job, or chooses to use it incorrectly, no
blame attaches to others for the consequences of one's choice.

I feel there is a strong assumption among OpenPGP users that our
community is, *ahem*, open.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mwood at IUPUI.Edu
Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.