Continued PKA problems on Windows

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Thu Mar 4 02:31:50 CET 2010

On 3/3/2010 5:26 PM, Sean Rima wrote:
> Folks
>
> I downloaded and installed gpg4win-2.0.2rc1. I then tested my pka setup
> using:
>
> echo "foo" | gpg2 --no-default-keyring --keyring c:\temp\gpg --encrypt
> --armor --auto-key-locate pka -r sean at srima.eu -vvvvv 2> test.txt

> The only thing I can think is that the site is on Google apps or am I
> missing something else. I can post my gpg.conf if that helps
>
> Sean

I noticed two things that may or may not matter...

If I open "http://prime.gushi.org/danm.pubkey.txt" in firefox, it opens
right in the browser.  If I open yours, it opens a "Save As..." window.
 So they have different content types.

Also, the url listed in the firefox "Save as" window is some crazy
computer generated url, not www.srima.eu.

Just doing a quick test with curl, it takes like 4 302 redirects before
you actually get to the file.  It wouldn't be totally unsurprising to me
if a series of redirects caused problems.