manipulating the set of keys that can decrypt a file/message

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Mar 5 16:50:42 CET 2010

On 3/5/10 9:51 AM, Nicolas Boullis wrote:
> I will now have a look at how things are organised in GnuPG code.
> Would you suggest that I look at the GnuPG 1 or GnuPG 2 code?

If memory serves, the codebases are identical with respect to this.
Shouldn't matter which one you use.

> And if I succeed to implement this correctly, do you think the feature
> might be merged in GnuPG?

I am not a GnuPG developer.  I have no say in what they will or will not
do.  However, my impression is that GnuPG tends to only adopt features
that will be broadly useful to a number of users.  This seems like a
really niche case.

If you think this feature should be merged into GnuPG, I would suggest
by finding ten people who have an actual, real need for this feature.
Not "I think it would be cool if...", but "I need this right now
because...".  If you can present real users who have real needs, that
will do a lot to increase the chances of it being merged into the mainline.