Corrupted File

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 02:02:41 CET 2010

I have a fairly large file (about 10 mbytes) that was corrupted on disk.  About 5-10 pages of the file (4096-byte blocks) were lost and set to zero.  The file is a PGP encryption of a another file which is a 'tar' file of other smaller ASCII text files.

I would like to decrypt as much of this file as possible.  I know with several blank pages, I can never fully recover the file.  However, most of the data is still legitimate.  Is it possible to recover it with the gpg tools?  To this point, I had been using the older PGP 5.0 version, but I can try gpg if it can decrypt most of the file.

jp