Should I set cert-digest-algo?

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Tue Mar 16 15:02:33 CET 2010

A while ago I stumbled onto instructions to up my prefs to use a better
hash than SHA1:

http://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/48

Today I was surfing around, and saw some relatively recent posts on the
list that said setting "digest-algo" in gpg.conf was a Bad Idea(tm).  I
didn't find any threads on setting "cert-digest-algo", but the manpage
notes that this can cause interoperability issues.

So is setting "cert-digest-algo SHA256" okay, or is it going to cause
problems?

-Grant