Secure unattended decryption

Daniel Eggleston eggled at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 02:20:45 CET 2010

Yea, I don't need to have it entered automatically at boot time (if that's
possible, I've just thrown all semblance of true security out the window).
All I was looking for is a way to have gpg cache the passphrase for an
indefinite amount of time; and a human can enter the passphrase at boot.

It sounds like gpg is probably not more qualified than any other encryption
tool for this job, because the solutions thrown out here are quite feasible
without gpg.

--

          Daniel