2.0.14 --gen-key interface nit

MFPA expires2010 at ymail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:48:30 CET 2010

Hi

On Sunday 21 March 2010 at 2:10:34 AM, in
<mid:4BA5801A.1000500 at dougbarton.us>, Doug Barton wrote:

> Howdy,

> Playing around with key generation there was something
> banging around in the back of my mind and it finally
> hit me:

> Possible actions for a RSA key: Sign Certify Encrypt
> Authenticate Current allowed actions: Sign Certify
> Authenticate

>    (S) Toggle the sign capability (E) Toggle the
>    encrypt capability (A) Toggle the authenticate
>    capability (Q) Finished

The thing that stands out to me is the lack of an option to toggle the
certify capability.

> ---

> Real name: Douglas Barton Email address:
> dougb at dougbarton.us Comment: You selected this USER-ID:
> "Douglas Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us>"

> Change (N)ame, (C)omment, (E)mail or (O)kay/(Q)uit? o

> The Q option behaves inconsistently between these two
> menus. In the capabilities menu it means "we're done,
> and all is well;" in the uid section O ("oh") means Ok,
> but Q bails out of the whole key generation process.

> The easiest way to fix this would probably be to change
> the capabilities menu since that's an --expert option.

I always interpreted the capabilities menu as a sub-menu of the key
generation process, so it seemed logical that quitting the sub-menu
would revert to the parent menu.

Are you advocating (when in the capabilities menu) an "okay" or "save"
selection to keep the changes you've made and for "quit" to discard
the changes?

- --
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:expires2010 at ymail.com