gpg symmetric to Java JCA decryption

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Mar 29 14:19:52 CEST 2010

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 22:09, weberjn at gmail.com said:

> No, I don't need OpenPGP, just need symmetric encryption done by a
> standard command line Unix tool and decryption by means of the Java

You still need to define which standard you want to use.  The most
popular encryption standards are

 1. OpenPGP - A command line tool for this is gpg
 2. CMS (aka PKCS#7) - A command line too for this is gpgsm.

> Guess I'll take openssl, looks like this works with Java:

Openssl implements several sprotocols, you need to specify which
protocol of openssl you use.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner