Crypto Stick released!

Joke de Buhr joke at seiken.de
Sat May 1 01:54:56 CEST 2010

They seem to be trustworthy. I ordered a crypto stick last sunday. It arrived
on friday (inner german transport).

The stick works fine with ubuntu 10.04 but you have to install a patched driver
for libccid but it's quite possible the patch will be included upstream.

The stick works only with gnupg as far as I can talk now. The gnupg support is
flawless. But the stick doesn't seem to work with opensc because the stick uses
an openpgp card version 2.0 which isn't supported by opensc yet. So you can't
use opensc's firefox integration unless opensc releases an updated openpgp card
driver. The Firefox extension FireGPG works since it uses gpg.

I only tested the stick on linux and I haven't test things like pam
authentication up till now.