...key belongs to ...

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Sun May 30 02:46:29 CEST 2010

Michael D. Berger wrote:
> On a Linux box, in encrypting a file with gpg, I get this query:
>
>    It is NOT certain that the key belongs to the person named
>    in the user ID.  If you *really* know what you are doing,
>    you may answer the next question with yes.
>
>    Use this key anyway? (y/N) n
>
> Now in the context in which this is being used, there is no
> uncertainty regarding key ownership, and the encryption is
> part of a bash script.  The query stops the script.
>
> Therefore, how can I prevent this query?

The easiest is to either

a) (l)sign the key

or

b) add '--trust-model always' to the command line

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or