2.1.0beta1 - Smartcard Support?

Chris Ruff jcruff at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 03:51:06 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 09:55 +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 19:20, jcruff at gmail.com said:
> > Is it typical for smartcard support not to be in beta versions?
>
> From the announcement:
>
>   GPG's smartcard commands --card-edit and --card-status as well as the
>   card related sub-commands of --edit-key are not yet supported.
>   However, signing and decryption with a smartcard does work.
>

> Shalom-Salam,
>
>    Werner

Thanks, missed that paragraph.

However, things seem not to be working with subkeys.  I'm getting "Need
the secret key to do this" or "no default secret key" for a many
operations.  Including trying to import to gpg-agent, --edit-key ->
toggle or a signing operation.  I would assume 'toggle' would not be
considered a card related sub-command of '--edit-key'.

If using subkeys does the master private key need to be present to
perform the 'gpg --import ~/.gnupg/secring.gpg' into gpg-agent?

Signing and toggle works fine with 2.0.15/2.0.16 and the same gpg.conf.

TIA
--
Chris Ruff
email: jcruff at gmail.com