changing usage flags on a primary key

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 10 09:40:47 CET 2010

On Tue,  9 Nov 2010 22:41, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> Basically, i'm asking about creating a new self-sig packet with a
> modified key usage flags subpacket on a key that i control.  How would i
> do that with GnuPG?

That is not supported by an option.  You need to change the code.

I would try to do update the keyflags in build_sig_subpkt_from_sig ()
while runnning the --edit-edit command "primary".  There are probably a
lot of side effects and thus this can only be used as a on-time hack.  I
only had a quick look at the code, thus you may encounter other
problems.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner