Problems with two active encryption subkeys

Thu Nov 11 12:58:26 CET 2010

Am Donnerstag 11 November 2010 09:50:30 schrieb Sven Klomp:

> > encrypts for 1860836B not for the both longer and longer valid DA63AFDA.
>
> So the decision is done in the implementation and not covered in  the
>  OpenPGP standard.

This conclusion cannot be drawn from the gpg behaviour, of course. You have to
look at the standard. After that you know whether gpg conforms to it or not.
:-)

>  Thus, other software may behave differently. I think, I
>  have to revoke one key to avoid problems...

Why should any problems arise from that? As long as the sender can encrypt and
the recipient can decrypt... Doesn't matter which subkey is used, does it?

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814