Gpg4Win 2.0.4 with GnuPG 1.4.11??

Jerry gnupg.user at seibercom.net
Thu Nov 18 16:50:34 CET 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:07:26 +0100
Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> articulated:

> Unfortunately the Gpg4Win 2.0.4 installer lets me choose if I want to
> install *all* of the extras by having a checkbox for each. But the
> GnuPG itself is *not* optional! And it installs the less stable 2.0.14
> version...

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but exactly why do you feel "2.0.14" is
unstable? I have been using gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.16 on my FreeBSD box
without a single problem. Prior to that, at one point in time, I did
have the older 1.x version installed. Updating to the newer 2.x versions
never caused a single problem. I realize that you are referring to a
different OS; however, I have not seen any definitive postings
regarding the "2.0.14" version's unsuitability to task in that OS.

BTW, there are several GPG4Win mail forums, IRCs, etc available.

http://www.gpg4win.org/community.html

Perhaps they might better suit your needs.
--
Jerry ✌
GNUPG.user at seibercom.net

Q: What's the difference between a RHU cheerleader and a whale?