Gpg4Win 2.0.4 with GnuPG 1.4.11??

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 17:24:31 CET 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:50:34 -0500, Jerry <gnupg.user at seibercom.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:07:26 +0100
>Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> articulated:
>
>> Unfortunately the Gpg4Win 2.0.4 installer lets me choose if I want to
>> install *all* of the extras by having a checkbox for each. But the
>> GnuPG itself is *not* optional! And it installs the less stable 2.0.14
>> version...
>
>Maybe I missed it somewhere, but exactly why do you feel "2.0.14" is
>unstable? I have been using gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.16 on my FreeBSD box
>without a single problem. Prior to that, at one point in time, I did
>have the older 1.x version installed. Updating to the newer 2.x versions
>never caused a single problem. I realize that you are referring to a
>different OS; however, I have not seen any definitive postings
>regarding the "2.0.14" version's unsuitability to task in that OS.
>
>BTW, there are several GPG4Win mail forums, IRCs, etc available.
>
>http://www.gpg4win.org/community.html
>
>Perhaps they might better suit your needs.

Thanks, I am just grasping for some way to get this stuff working
*comfortably* with Win7 X64.
Microsoft has decided that 32 bit applications cannot be allowed to
integrate with the Windows Explorer context sensitive menu. This is
where I do almost all my work by right clicking the file I want to
process (edit, copy, open, encrypt, decrypt etc). But now since i got
my latest laptop at work it came with Win7 X64 Professional and a
*lot* of my applications that were earlier integrated (in XP Pro) are
now invisible including GPGee, GPGshell (tested today) and my old
workhorse UltraEdit.
So I am trying to find *something* that can work for encryption use in
Win7 X64. I don't particularly like the command prompt for that...

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden