Gpg4Win 2.0.4 with GnuPG 1.4.11??

Jerry gnupg.user at seibercom.net
Sat Nov 20 20:17:03 CET 2010

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 15:56:03 +0000
MFPA <expires2010 at ymail.com> articulated:

> On Thursday 18 November 2010 at 3:50:34 PM, in
> <mid:20101118105034.3e8701d3 at scorpio>, Jerry wrote:
>

> > Maybe I missed it somewhere, but exactly why do you
> > feel "2.0.14" is unstable?
>
> They probably remember the GnuPG 1.4.x release announcements that used
> to include:-
>
>    "GnuPG 1.4.x is the current stable branch and will be kept as the
>    easy to use and build single-executable versions. We plan to
>    backport new features from the development series to 1.4."

Interestingly enough, I was included in both the To: & Cc: fields of
this posts; however, the mailing list itself was suspiciously absent.
Obviously the poster failed to read or comprehend the disclaimer.

In any case, they also probably missed this announcement:

GnuPG 2.0 is the new modularized version of GnuPG supporting OpenPGP and S/MIME

The emphasis would be on "new modularized version"

My question was related to why the poster thought 2.x was unstable. His
reply was to peruse the archives for some specific data. That search

phenomena. It might well be worth pointing out that they also were
related to a previously superseded version. Now, if that poster can
show proof that the latest 2.x version is unstable we might have
something to discuss. Otherwise, it is just yesterdays news.

--
Jerry ✌
GNUPG.user at seibercom.net