trust level for validating signature with gpgme

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Nov 23 14:53:54 CET 2010

Hi,

I am writing a piece of software that requires validating a signature of
a file before using it.  So far I have managed to use gpgme to validate
a signature for a file, but only if the key that signed it has been
given "ultimate" trust.

Reducing the trust level to "full" results in the file not being
validated.  Looking at the gpgme_verify_result_t object returned from
gpgme_op_verify_result shows that nothing is set in the summary or
status bit vectors, and the validity is set to GPGME_VALIDITY_UNKNOWN.

A possibility is that I am using the wrong field to determine the
validity of the key.  I am currently testing:
(gpgme_verify_result_t->summary & GPGME_SIGSUM_VALID)
Is that the correct approach?

Thanks,
Allan