forwarding a signed email

Mike Korizek itsec.listuser at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 01:07:24 CET 2010

On 11/26/2010 08:46 AM, Olav Seyfarth wrote:
>> Is it possible to forward a digitally signed email without loosing the
>> signature information of the email?
>
> Yes, inline/cleartext signed messages may just be forwarded as they are
> (as attachment or as copy, just don't quote them ;-) ). PGP/MIME signed
> messages should be forwarded as attachment in order not to lose the sig.
Hi Olav

I did some tests with different email clients by forwarding it as
attachment.

Unfortunately the clients add different content-disp, -type.
E.g. Evolution makes a content-disp inline whereas Thunderbird makes a
content-type rfc822.
I need to pares the email with perl in order to extract the original
email so I can verify the signature -

Any idea how to do that in a generic way (I use Mail::GPG).

Thanks,
Mike