multiple keys vs multiple identities

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Sep 24 15:44:01 CEST 2010

On 9/24/10 8:15 AM, Vjaceslavs Klimovs wrote:
> If I have multiple not related e-mail accounts, is it better to create
> one key pair with multiple identities or a separate key pair for every
> account?

Like most things in life, the answer is, "it depends."  There are some
use cases where multiple certificates make sense, and some use cases
where multiple identities make sense.

Generally speaking, more often than not multiple identities is the right
way to go.

> Is it good idea to create 4096 bit keys when creating new key pair?

Stick with the defaults unless you have a compelling reason not to.