Hi

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Fri Apr 1 21:44:21 CEST 2011

> I think you are misunderstanding what I am inferring. For starters,
> that is the 5th account that I have heard or known of that was hacked
> in March alone. I am sure that the total is far higher based on a simple
> statistical accounting of the number of accounts using GMail. Happy
> Rob :)

You seem to be inferring that the high number of hacked Google accounts is
due to the high number of Google accounts, which would not support your
apparent theory that it is because of the insafety of a Google account. But
that is beside the point, although it might make Rob slightly happier.

That was all just in good fun, I don't want to start bickering about it.

But why in [insert deity of choice]'s name do you think Google had anything
to do with a hacked hotmail.co.uk account? I receive this mailing list in
digest form, and though I immediately curiously tried to access the full
headers for the last few messages from Lee, I (re)discovered the mailing
list sadly scrubs away all the nice headers. Doesn't it scrub when you
select another delivery mode, and did you see a Google header there? And why
does that make you sure the hack itself was through a Google service?

In all honesty, I think your jumping conclusions. But I'm curious what made
you jump.

Peter.

PS: I would also like it if common courtesy was applied instead of
exchanging feces in the name of one company for dollar signs in the name of
another. I'm not offended by it, just annoyed. For the record, I'm no fan of
either company.

My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt