Is anyone using a SPR-332 smart card reader?

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Sun Apr 10 02:41:04 CEST 2011

I've been having some trouble.  Basically, gpg2 (from git's
STABLE-BRANCH-2.0) will prompt for a pin, but even if I enter the right
one the unit buzzes.  Looking at the logs, they report that pin entry
was canceled.

Any time I try to search around, I end up at the same thread from 2006:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gnupg/users/39179?do=post_view_threaded#39179

Which implies there was a similar minor problem that would be fixed shortly.

If I use gpg without gpg-agent, I get a prompt for the pin via the
shell. not the pinpad, and then operations actually work.

I thought this model was basically the same as the SPR-532 that Kernel
Concepts sells, minus a serial port connector, so I'm really surprised
that it isn't working.

Just wondering if anyone has this reader, and if it's working for them,
before I try some more in-depth diagnostics and debugging.

--
-Grant

"Look around! Can you construct some sort of rudimentary lathe?"