Signing a key (meaning)

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Tue Apr 12 00:49:10 CEST 2011

On 4/11/11 6:34 PM, MFPA wrote:

>>> Unfortunately I'm not able to develope such an attack,
>>> and think there is none of importance. Could you
>>> please help me?
>
>> I personally don't think there is one.
>
> You already mentioned "the standard MITM attack." Isn't that one?

I don't think it counts as the middle if you have access to the email
account.

If I've got your logon info, and I'm accessing your account that way,
it's no longer invisible when I try to quickly delete the original
message and throw up a fake replacement.  You might see a message hit
the inbox, get deleted, and see a similar one pop up from your mail
client.  And if you reply to the forged message, I can't stop that from
going out into the world to trick the other party.

--
Grant

"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."