Question regarding the migration of the pgp keyring to gpg

Kevin Lists.gnupg at mephisto.fastmail.net
Fri Apr 15 14:32:22 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:23:56AM -0500 Also sprach Pramod.R:

> Is there a way where I could migrate the entire key ring at one go?
> I'm currently extracting my keys from pgp using the pgp -dx <key-id>
> command and then importing each of these into the gpg. Is there one
> single command which would help me migrate the entire key ring at once?

Have you tried just importing the PGP keyring file itself? I'm not sure
about PGP 6.x, but for a PGP 10.x generated keyring, the command

gpg --import PGP\ Public\ Keyring.pkr

appears to work for me, skipping the export step altogether.

--
"Le hasard favorise l'esprit préparé."
                       --Louis Pasteur