A better way to think about passwords

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 15:37:54 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 03:49:58PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> cracking attempts for 2,537 years.
>
> http://www.baekdal.com/tips/password-security-usability

Yeah, I've read it. It sucks. If an author claims they know something about
password security, but don't define entropy, or at least explain it, then
the article is worth a grain of salt. The math is just bad. Very, very bad.

If you really want password security, coupled with massive amounts of
entropy, and 100% platform independence, then I would suggest
https://passwordcard.org.

My thoughts on the matter:
    * Entropy: http://pthree.org/?p=1761.
    * Password Card: http://pthree.org/?p=1564