Passphrase

Sven Radde email at sven-radde.de
Wed Apr 27 17:05:13 CEST 2011

Hi!

Am 20:59, schrieb Mark H. Wood:
> someone probably could suggest a brute-force tool

I tried to respond to this thread already, but somehow mixed up email
settings and my relies appear to be lost, so let's try again:

There's a tool called "nasty" that does 'pure' brute forcing:
<http://www.vanheusden.com/nasty/>
It is described as a proof of concept and if your passphrase is worth
its salt (pun intended ;-) it probably won't help you...

However, if you still know some parts of your passphrase, you'd probably
be better off with "rephrase":
<http://www.roguedaemon.net/rephrase/>

(I did not yet have to actually try one of these myself, I simply looked
through Ubuntu's repos for relevant packages.)

HTH, Sven