Updating signature cert-level

Kevin Kammer Lists.gnupg at mephisto.fastmail.net
Wed Apr 27 19:25:55 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 08:59:49AM -0400 Also sprach David Shaw:

> Incidentally, it is possible to tweak the trust calculations to take
> signature level into account.  GnuPG supports reading a trust "map"
> generated by an external process that can use whatever trust rules it
> likes.  I don't know of anyone using this ability offhand.

This is the first I have heard of any implementation of the cert level,
whatsoever. Until now, I have never heard of any software using the cert
level in any practical way. That's why, as a previous reply mentioned,
you may want to ask yourself if it's worth the bother.

--
"Le hasard favorise l'esprit préparé."
                       --Louis Pasteur