Card only available to root user

Fri Aug 5 00:14:47 CEST 2011

Am Freitag, 5. August 2011, 01:49:21 schrieb Luis de Bethencourt:

> I can get/set the information of the card through the root user

> Notice how I can check the status as root, and do SCD Learn as my user.
> But= not
> check the status as my user (or sign my mails, which is the main problem).
> = Also
> pcsc_scan works with my user, it shows the Serial number of the card.

Is this an access rights problem with the card reader device file? Different
defaults with Gentoo and Debian maybe?

Of course, this explanation does not make sense if pcsc_scan can access the
device. Is pcsc_scan installed with SUID or SGID?

CU

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814