Card only available to root user

Luis de Bethencourt luis at debethencourt.com
Sat Aug 6 19:46:58 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 11:00:26AM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri,  5 Aug 2011 10:31, luis at debethencourt.com said:
>
> > Missed this question the first time around...
> > It is a SCM Microsystems SCR 335
>
> Well that one works.  It even works fine with the scdaemon internal
> driver, thus try after stopping pcscd.
>
> >> When I do it as you say I get:
> >> gpg-connect-agent 'scd learn --force' /bye
> >> ERR 103 unknown command
> >>
> >> I always get that 'unknown command' error in all the variatons you explained.
>
> Please run
>
>   gpg-connect-agent 'getinfo version' /bye

gpg-connect-agent 'getinfo version' /bye
ERR 100 not implemented

> and
>
>   gpg-connect-agent 'scd getinfo version' /bye

gpg-connect-agent 'scd getinfo version' /bye
ERR 103 unknown command

:S

> > I've created this conf file both in my home and root's.
>
> Well under ~/.gnupg/ of course.
>
> > When I run gpg --card-status as my user, there is no file created.
>
> Is this really gpg2 (check using gpg --version).

gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.17

> > But when I run it in root it does create this file.
>
> That smells like a file permission problem.

Both the user and root have access to where the log file should be dropped.

By the way, since I'm not using a ccid script in /dev/ for the reader, where
are the permissions of the device set? I see that the device is owned by
root and group pcscd. Where could I change this?

Thanks,
Luis