How to validate encryption

Yadav, Amarjeet Amarjeet.Yadav at gs.com
Fri Aug 12 14:18:53 CEST 2011

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 5:16 PM
To: gnupg-users at gnupg.org
Cc: Yadav, Amarjeet [Tech]
Subject: Re: How to validate encryption

Am Donnerstag, 11. August 2011, 15:47:40 schrieb Yadav, Amarjeet:
> Hi ,
> We have requirement where we would like to check for encrypted file
> its valid or not before decrypting it. Thanks

Why? In order to prevent the usability of GnuPG exploits?

If you trust the sender (and his systems) then the simple answer is: Have the sender sign the encrypted file. I hope that would not result in "we would like to check its validity before we check the signature"...

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814