Which release should we be using?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Aug 23 09:04:52 CEST 2011

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 03:47, papillion at gmail.com said:

> stored in a Keepass database that resides in a TrueCrypt container. It's
> protected well. My actual key is protected by a 62 character passphrase

... as long as the box is pwoered down.  Hard disk encryption does not
help if the box is up and you are attacked by malware.

> that I'd like to cut and paste into GPG. Considering all of that, I
> think it's a bit extreme to say cutting and pasting a passphrase from

Spying on X windows is pretty easy and thus Pinentry tries to make it
harder.

If you store your passphrase elsewhere; feed it directly to gpg-agent
(gpg-preset-passphrase or a custom pinentry) without that manual c+p.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner