Signing multiple keys

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Thu Aug 25 20:18:39 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:02:52PM -0600, Aaron wrote in
<4E568E4C.8080907 at gmail.com>:
>On 08/25/2011 11:56 AM, Jameson Graef Rollins wrote:
>> Do you want to sign every key in your keyring?  If so, it's not hard to
>> get gpg to enumerate all of your keys in a machine-parsable format (see
>> --with-colons output).  If you just want to sign a subset then you
>> obviously have to enumerate all the keys yourself, so either of the
>> above solutions seems pretty easy to me.
>
>If I have a public keyring of all the attendees of the party, then I
>will want to sign every key in that keyring.

Or do you? People will submit their keys to the keyring up front but won't
be at the party as their dog got sick, their boss didn't approve of them
taking a day off after all, etc.

Furthermore, perhaps you don't feel comfortable signing the key of someone
because you have no idea what a valid Nigerian passport looks like, etc.

Remco