Troubles with scim and pinentry

Marco Steinacher marco+gnupg at websource.ch
Fri Aug 26 10:58:17 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have the problem that the process 'scim-bridge' crashes (segfault)
from time to time on my system. After that, keyboard input doesn't work
anymore and I have to kill and restart scim in a console outside of X. I
suspect that this problem is related to pinentry (gtk2) because it
happens just after having entered the pin, although I'm not 100% sure
and it doesn't happen every time.

Has anybody experienced similar problems or are there any ideas for a
workaround or to debug this?

Thanks,
Marco

P.S. Im using Debian Squeeze with