Holidays

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Dec 21 16:00:39 CET 2011

Christmas is upon us.  This is traditionally a time for family, charity,
giving and thankfulness.  For myself, I'm thankful for GnuPG and all the
work that Werner and others have put into it -- as are many of us.
Let's remember them this holiday season and put out a big round of
"thank you"s.

Further: in recent years I've encouraged people to donate to the
Electronic Frontier Foundation, the Free Software Foundation, or other
similar electronic charities, since there was no effective way to donate
to GnuPG directly.  Thankfully, this is no longer the case.  If you have
a PayPal account you can contribute directly towards GnuPG development
by visiting GnuPG's "Donations" page, at:

	http://g10code.com/gnupg-donation.html

So far, GnuPG has received sixteen donations this year totaling 358
euros.  Frankly, that amount seems way too low to me.  Let's see if we
can't increase those numbers.  :)

This holiday season, let's all remember -- it's far more blessed to give
than to receive!