moving user ID Comments to --expert mode

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri Feb 4 00:22:54 CET 2011

On 02/03/2011 14:22, Jameson Rollins wrote:
> I have to agree with Daniel that I have in fact honestly never spoken to
> anyone who was*not*  confused by that field.  I can't ever remember
> seeing a comment field used in any way that made sense to me.

I'm as pedantic as the next geeky dev, but I agree with this, and
believe that arguing from example is perfectly valid in this case.

FWIW I would love to see the comment field moved to expert mode since it
rather clearly qualifies under the "If you don't already know that you
need this, you don't need this" category that --expert is designed to
protect the casual user from. I think (Optional) would be an Ok
compromise if that's what the gnupg devs think is right, although
something closer to (You probably don't want to type anything here, no,
really, don't do it) would be better. :)

Doug

			-- OK Go