moving user ID Comments to --expert mode

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Feb 4 02:10:51 CET 2011

On 2/3/11 5:32 PM, Matthew James Goins wrote:
> Personally I've never seen a comment that helped me identify the owner
> of a key in a meaningful way.

The problem with anecdote is everyone's anecdote is different.  As a ham
radio operator (KC0SJE), I have a fair number of keys that have comments
of "Amateur radio: KC0SJE".  (A former cert of mine had "Amateur Radio"
tagged on my kc0sje at my.domain address, for instance.)  And yes, I do
find it helpful to have someone's ham call on their key: when I'm
sending a contact report to someone, it's nice to be able to grep
through my keyring looking for their call sign and get the email address
it should go to.

The user community is huge.  Just because you don't see it doesn't mean
other people don't use it.