GPG Decrypt Messages

Holger Näther holger.naether at mac.com
Sun Feb 6 10:57:27 CET 2011

Am 03.02.2011 um 18:52 schrieb hare krishna:

> Hi,
>
> Can some please help me how to avoid these messages whenever the gpg files is decrypted. Here are the messages
>
> gpg: Signature made Wed Feb 02 14:26:25 2011 PST using DSA key ID BD6608B2
> gpg: Good signature from "umesh (GPG encryptionl) <abc at xxx.com>"
>
> It is printing in logs everytime. Please advice what should i use to avoid them.
> Here is the command i am using:
> gpg -q -d abc.gpg
>
> Thanks,
> Umesh

As far as I understand the manual page of gpg2, it should be the option "--no-tty" to be used.

[QUOTE]
--no-tty Make  sure  that  the  TTY  (terminal) is never used for any output.  This option is needed in some cases because GnuPG sometimes prints warnings to the TTY even if --batch is used.
[/QUOTE]

So instead of -q or --quiet, you should use --no-tty. For example:

gpg2 --decrypt --no-tty abc.gpg

Best regards,

Holger

--
This email has been signed by GnuPG encryption software:
Public key: 0xACE4EDD6

Jabber: gbyte at jabber.piratenpartei.de
Public key: 0xE80C91A1