moving user ID Comments to --expert mode

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Feb 6 20:08:58 CET 2011

On Fri,  4 Feb 2011 16:51, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> Some translation changes might still be worth doing; I would like to see
> the example User ID lose the comment (including "(Der Dichter)" in an
> english prompt is not helpful), and i think the wording should also be

Fine with me, if we drop the comment prompt.

> adjusted, since the User ID does not identify the key -- it identifies
> the user.  But i'll happily pursue translation changes as a separate

I disagree.  It depends on what you understand as "the user".  I assume
you mean the entity which has control over the secret key.  Often this
is not just one human but a group of people or some malware.  Thus the
User ID is still one way to identify the key and it is actually the most
commonly used to identify the key.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner