ld.so.1: gpg: fatal: libusb.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Feb 15 23:44:28 CET 2011

On 2/15/11 5:40 PM, hare krishna wrote:
>    (a) What OS are you running? - UNIX

Once again, there is no "UNIX" operating system.  There are many
different vendors who provide operating systems that conform to varying
levels of the UNIX specifications.  For instance, my Macbook Pro
conforms to the UNIX specifications, but I wouldn't say my operating
system is UNIX: I'd say it was Mac OS X.

The reason why I'm asking is because different operating systems handle
things differently.  It *looks* like you're using Solaris: but so far I
don't have much confirmation of this, nor do I know which version of
Solaris.

>        (c) From where did you acquire GnuPG? i dont remember exactly

Then that might be your problem.  Get a GnuPG package for your version
of Solaris, either from the Oracle open-source download page or from
Blastwave, install that, and see if it works better for you.