Rebuilding the private key from signatures

Jerry gnupg.user at seibercom.net
Thu Feb 24 21:58:06 CET 2011

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 10:38:41 -0500
Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> articulated:

> Fortunately, i don't think that the PRNG used in GnuPG has any known
> vulnerabilities.

The key word there is "known"; although the feasibility of rebuilding a
private key by a normal end user is extremely slight. In any case, I am
not going to be losing any sleep over it. Besides, if I wanted a truly
secure encryption, I would use a one-time pad system. That is about as
secure as it gets.

--
Jerry ✌
GNUPG.user at seibercom.net

Ignorance is never out of style.  It was in fashion yesterday, it is the
rage today, and it will set the pace tomorrow.

	Franklin K. Dane